All HRM majors are required to have an e-portfolio to keep track of the points that they will acquire each semester. We are currently transitioning our eportfolios to the Suitable Platform so we ask for your patience and recommend that you visit an eportfolio consultant’s office hours if you have any further questions. If you currently have an eportfolio on the Community Site, we suggest you keep adding content, if you are just starting your eportfolio, please begin creating content as word docs for each of the page requirements below.
EPORTFOLIO PAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR APPROVAL
Academic information: major, minor, and graduation date, and introductory paragraph that welcomes people to your website and provides a brief bio.
Career Objective Page
Paragraph free of grammatical errors
Resume Page with attached PDF resume
Your resume must be CSPD certified.
Academic History – List of relevant courses
Work History – try to integrate relevant course concepts into the descriptions of your work experiences
Organized and easy to read
Hobbies/Interests page with job-related interests and/or extracurricular activities
Professional Development Activities – list and describe professional development activities such as: TU SHRM membership, CSPD training, networking events, workshops, mock interview training, etc.
Volunteer/Service Information – list and describe participation in service events
Contact Page – email or phone number
- Relevant pictures
Click here to view a step-by-step webex on how to create your eportfolio
OR follow the written instructions below:
- Login into the Fox Community HRM Site using your TU accessnet username and password
- Hover over sites at the top of the page and click on “create a site”
- Enter your site name (jdoe or JaneDoe for Jane Doe)
- Enter your site title as your first name followed by your last name (Jane Doe)
- DO NOT change any other settings, click “create site”.
- Complete your eportfolio with the following REQUIREMENTS:
- Navigable Menu
- Complete Community Profile: profile picture, profile information, and professional details
- Page Requirements
- Welcome Page: professional photo, academic information: major, minor, and graduation date, and introductory paragraph that welcomes people to your website and provides a brief bio.
- Career Objective Page
- Resume Page with attached PDF resume. Your resume must be CSPD certified.
- Academic History Page with relevant experience in concise or bullet format
- Work History page – try to integrate relevant course concepts into the descriptions of your work experiences
- Hobbies/Interests page with job-related interests and/or extracurricular activities
- Contact Page
- Professional Development Page – list and describe professional development activities such as: networking events, workshops, mock interview training, etc.
- Volunteer/Service Page – list and describe participation in service events
- Pictures, logos and other ways personalize your page
- List your eportfolio for approval so you can start accumulating points!
- Follow this link to the HRM community site to list
- Make sure you are logged in to the community site
- Fill out your name, major, minor, skills, interests, graduation date, and select the e-portfolio you want listed
- After submitting, you should receive an e-mail stating that your e-portfolio has been submitted to be approved
- An eportfolio consultant will review your eportfolio
- If it is not approved the consultant will send you revisions (please email them back once you have completed your revisions so that your eportfolio can be approved as soon as possible.
- If it is approved, you will get another email stating that it has been approved and that you have been awarded 50 points for your creation of a basic portfolio.