Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
now browsing by day
Unique HR Internship Opportunity!
Rad Dish Café HR Responsibilities
HR Statement of Purpose: The Human Resources committee of the Rad Dish Co-op is responsible for creating, maintaining, and strengthening internal and external relationships within the co-op and the cafe, and insulating the co-op from legal action. We do this mainly through recruiting and training new staff and members; offering opportunities for communication, personal, and professional development; mitigating conflict; and by creating and enforcing policies. This is a Board position and is non-paid.
HR Committee Head Tasks:
- Conducting Staff Trainings with other committee heads at the beginning of each semester
- Planning for when staff take their SERVSafe Exams to receive Certificates which are required for each staff member to work in the café.
- Enforcing and developing ethical policies and procedures for the café
- Enforcing staff member absence policies
- Updating Café Literature and Employee Handbook as needed
- Planning Co-op Retreat
- Creating General Body Meeting Agendas + facilitating these meetings
- Co-facilitating monthly staff meetings, and emergency staff meetings/trainings
- Planning professional development opportunities
- Recruiting and hiring new staff members
- Creating staff schedules for café
- Planning staff and board appreciating events
- Holding board members accountable
- Mitigating conflict among employees, board members, and managers
- Responsible for knowing all committee heads well this includes: Manager, Staff Representative, Finance, Sourcing, Governance Marketing, Solidarity and Sweat Equity Members.
ABOUT Rad Dish Co-Op Café https://templeraddish.wordpress.com/: We are a democratically member-run organization that provides educational opportunities and resources both in and out of the co-op. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming communal space. We aim to provide access in our community to local, organic, ethical, and humane food options. Our goal is to create a diverse and collaborative environment that seeks to enrich, expand, and share ideas of health and wellness.
We are looking for dedicated, passionate students who are very responsible and have good verbal and written communication skills. No previous experience is required. If you are interested in applying for the position, please email email@example.com for more information and to set up a meeting.