Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
now browsing by day
Wednesday, February 10th
There will be no meeting this week due to the Spring Connection. However, there will be an open house in our regular room Speakman Hall 114 so come by and grab some food to relax after networking!
Through hundreds of interviews, questionnaires, surveys, and case-studies, The Leadership Challenge helped develop “The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership Model” to help achieve extraordinary leadership. Anyone who has the desire to become a successful leader needs to check out the links below. FYI, we have a workshop this Wednesday on practices one and two of this model.
- What are the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership?: http://www.leadershipchallenge.com/about-section-our-approach.aspx
- 10 Reasons Leadership is a Big Deal: http://www.leadershipchallenge.com/UserFiles/lpi-bigdeal-slideshare-final-151209192155-lva1-app6892.pdf
February 22nd, HR Metrics Philly SHRM Event
Fox professor Mike Guglielmo will be speaking about the topic of HR Metrics at this upcoming Philly SHRM Event. It will take place from5:30 – 8:30 pm at the Aramark Tower.
Interested in what SHRM has to offer?
Here is a list of some of our membership benefits:
- affiliation with 3 chapters: Temple SHRM, Philly SHRM, and National SHRM (where you’ll get exclusive access to National SHRM’s website, articles, magazine, and various discounts on events and merchandise)
- professional development
- networking opportunities through speakers and Philly SHRM events
- the opportunity to participate on committees and help plan events (resume builder)
- admission to the HRM Banquet and Awards Ceremony
- admittance to member’s only SHRM events
- access to member’s only section of our website for scholarship/internship postings
- officer and other leadership opportunities to build your resume
- opportunities to gain points through participation in various events
- chances to grow your social network; meet lifelong friends in your field!
- receive a free merchandise
To apply for a SHRM membership, you can fill out the attached application and either bring it to our meetings or bring to our office in Room A333c along with your membership dues. Membership dues are $30 for a semester and $50 for a year. Year membership includes National SHRM membership and Temple SHRM membership, unlike the semester membership is only for Temple SHRM. You can also find the application on our website @ http://tushrm.org/join-shrm/ or as an attachment of this email. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
Questions? Click on the “HR” button at the bottom of the page to go directly to our website, TUSHRM.org, or ask any officer! Contact information is listed on our website under the “officers” tab.
Although there will be no meeting this week due to the Spring Connection, there will be an open house in our regular meeting room Speakman Hall 114 at 12pm so come by and grab some food to relax after networking! Hope to see everyone there.