now browsing by month
SHRM Welcomes You Back to Another Exciting Semester!
On behalf of all the SHRM officers, we hope everyone had an eventful, safe, and productive summer! We are so excited for this new academic year! We have a lot of events planned for this upcoming semester including community service events, guest speakers, and activities to introduce you to more HRM students and help you grow your network!
We hope to see you at our HRM Orientation on September 9 at 12pm in Alter 033 as well as at our regular general body meetings every Wednesdaystarting on September 23 at 12pm in Speakman Hall 114. This first meeting will be informational. New members are absolutely welcome!
To apply for a SHRM membership, you can fill out the attached application and either bring it to our first meeting, email back to Phuong Nguyen at email@example.com, or bring to our office in Room A333c along with your membership dues. Membership dues are $30 for a semester and $50 for a year. You can also find the application on our website http://tushrm.org/join-shrm/
What can SHRM can offer you?
Here is a list of some of our membership benefits:
- affiliation with 3 chapters: Temple SHRM, Philly SHRM, and National SHRM (where you’ll get exclusive access to National SHRM’s website, articles, magazine, and various discounts on events and merchandise)
- professional development
- networking opportunities through speakers and Philly SHRM events
- the opportunity to participate on committees and help plan events (resume builder)
- admission to the HRM Banquet and Awards Ceremony
- admittance to member’s only SHRM events
- access to member’s only section of our website for scholarship/internship postings
- officer and other leadership opportunities to build your resume
- opportunities to gain points through participation in various events
- chances to grow your social network; meet lifelong friends in your field!
- receive a free SHRM T-shirt
Need More Information?
If you are not a member of SHRM and would like to be placed on our listserv or are interested in joining but would like additional information, please feel free to reach out to any of our officers. Their contact information is listed on our website (http://tushrm.org/officers/). You can also feel free to stop by the SHRM office in Room A333c during any of our office hours.
In the meantime make sure you are following us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook where we frequently post updates about upcoming events!
- Instagram– tushrm
- Twitter– @tushrm
- Facebook– https://www.facebook.com/groups/137808050840/ (Temple SHRM)
Be sure to come visit us at the SPO fair on Friday, August 28th and we can’t wait to see you at our first meeting!
The 2015-2016 SHRM Officers
On behalf of the TUSHRM Officer, we hope everyone is having a fantastic summer. We are so excited for this new academic year and we have a lot of events planed including community service events, guest speakers, and activities to introduce you to more HRM students and to help you grow you network. We hope to see you in our HRM Orientation on September 9th at 12pm in Alter 033 as well as our regular meetings every Wednesday starting on Wednesday, September 16 at 12pm in Speakman Hall 114. There will be more events planned and opportunities for professional growth. Stay tune for more information to come as the Fall semester starts on August 24th. In the meantime make sure you are following us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Instagram – tushrm
- Twitter – @tushrm
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/137808050840/ (Temple SHRM)
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER!